July

Summer is coming to an end and I can feel myself fighting it!!! I know I said this last month, but I’ve seriously had the BEST summer and I’m so so sad it’s almost over. I love my job. So much. But dang do I love summer break even more. 


I literally got off the plane this morning from the best beach vacation ever so I’m still coming down from that post vacation bliss! My friend and I went to visit some other friends in Florida for almost a week and it was such a relaxing and refreshing time. I’ve always loved lounging at the beach but for some reason this go around, I didn't want to get out of the water. I felt so free and so happy swimming around out there like a big goober. Being in the ocean feels vulnerable and exhilarating at the same time. 


I’d say the lesson I’ve learned/am learning in July is to shake things up a bit. I’ve realized I’ve become extremely set in my ways. I have created a life that I love but I need to guard against too much comfort. I can get settled down deep into building a comfortable world around me and miss opportunities to grow. I want to be open to new things, even if it’s scary. God has blessed me in so many ways and I’m thankful, but I never want to be closed off to new (and maybe even better) things because I’m not exactly comfortable with them. While this month has been slow and steady, I actually feel some major shifts happening in my heart and mind in regards to these things. Which is cool. 


July has been so good to me. Looking ahead to August gives me a slight pit in my stomach because things are about to amp back up. But I’m choosing to move forward with an expectation of good things to come. 


See you soon my loves. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

August

November

September